Support Birthing Families Foundation via Donation
The Birthing Families Foundation was founded to address perinatal health care inequity. Marginalized groups in our communities experience social and economic disadvantage – inequities – due to the unequal distribution of power, wealth and resources, and these inequities can contribute to poor physical and mental health, making recovery time from a life-altering event such as birth more challenging. Marginalized groups are experiencing outcomes such as increased rates of: neonatal mortality, maternal mortality, postnatal infant mortality, and postnatal depression.
Birthing Families Foundation has been raising funds for our family-centered programs to address these problems and so far we’ve had success with a few local grants supporting families on Vancouver Island, we couldn’t be where we are today without community foundation support!
We are looking to raise funds to support our Community Doula Connection Program and our budding Food Security Program for families, as well as operational costs for BFF. Unfortunately many grants do not cover our administration and operational costs, so we need your help!
We are a registered Canadian Charity, and all donations are tax deductible. If you are a business, family foundation or organization that would like to discuss on-going funding or partnership please email: email@example.com.
Examples of where your donation would be used:
How donations are used:
- $50-100 covers basic costs such as gas and supplies incurred by BFF doulas.
- $1000 pays for 28 hours of Postpartum support for one family.
- $2000 pays for 57 hours of prenatal, birth and postpartum care for one family.
- $4000 per month is the bare minimum cost of running BFF, this includes many in kind hours.
- $8700 per month is an optimal operating cost, moving us ahead and increasing our ability to reach further and grow our programs. This still includes many in kind hours.