Support Birthing Families Foundation via Donation
The Birthing Families Foundation was founded to address perinatal health care inequity: Marginalized groups in our communities experience social and economic disadvantage – inequities – due to the unequal distribution of power, wealth and resources, and these inequities can contribute to poor physical and mental health, making recovery time from a life altering event such as birth more challenging. Marginalized groups are experiencing outcomes such as increased rates of: neonatal mortality, maternal mortality, postnatal infant mortality, and postnatal depression.
Birthing Families Foundation has been raising funds for our family centered programs to address these problems and so far we’ve had success with a few local grants supporting families on Vancouver Island.
We are looking to raise funds to support our wrap around care programming including the Community Doula Connection and Food for Birthing Families.
Examples of where your donation would be used:
- $250 would give a parent 10 nourishing meals.
- $800 would help us expand our reach through advertising.
- $1,500 is the cost to support one family with a BFF doula for 6 months.
- $5,000 would help us support local Doulas doing volunteer work in our community.
- $10,000 would cover the costs of implementing our Community Doula Connection Program.