Support Birthing Families Foundation via Donation
The Birthing Families Foundation was founded to address perinatal health care inequity: Marginalized groups in our communities experience social and economic disadvantage – inequities – due to the unequal distribution of power, wealth and resources, and these inequities can contribute to poor physical and mental health, making recovery time from a life altering event such as birth more challenging. Marginalized groups are experiencing outcomes such as increased rates of: neonatal mortality, maternal mortality, postnatal infant mortality, and postnatal depression.
Birthing Families Foundation has been raising funds for our family centered programs to address these problems and so far we’ve had success with a few local grants to kick off our Birthing Families Online Counselling and Doula program, but our work isn’t done yet.
We are looking to raise funds to support our wrap around care programming: Birthing Families Counselling, the Community Doula Connection and Food for Birthing Families.
These programs offer valuable resources to families that are in need. We are looking specifically to raise another $10,000 for our counselling program and $50,000 to begin our Doula and Food program.
Examples of where your donation would be used:
- $250 would give a parent 10 nourishing meals.
- $750 would give a parent 10 sessions with a counsellor.
- $800 would help us expand our reach through advertising.
- $1500 is the cost to support one family with a BFF doula for 6 months.
- $3000 would help us hire a social media person for 1 year.
- $5000 would help us run our counselling program till the end of 2021.
- $10,000 would cover the costs of implementing our Community Doula Connection Program.